When you notice lines running from the bottom of your chin to the bottom of your neck, you have neck bands. Neck bands appear as the result of gradual wear and tear of platysma muscles over the years.
Treatment Options for Neck Bands
If you are not ready for surgery to improve your neck bands, Dr. Cho can perform non-surgical neck lift procedures tailored to your needs.
Non-Surgical Options for Neck Bands
Non-surgical neck lifts are a combination of customized procedures to treat your unique situation.
- Radiofrequency devices deliver radiofrequency energy beneath the surface of the skin. The procedure heats collagen layers, resulting in tightening of the skin. Radiofrequency can be combined with microneedling.
- FaceTite is an FDA-approved Radiofrequency-Assisted Liposuction (RFAL) procedure that heats up and gently removes fatty areas. The device heats the lower layers of the skin and stimulates the body’s natural healing process to produce skin-firming collagen and reduce the signs of aging.
- Ultherapy uses ultrasound to treat loose skin by harnessing the body’s own healing response and gradually restore memory to the skin and its underlying tissue. The Ultherapy device directs sound waves deep under the skin to lift and tighten loose skin without cutting the surface.
- Kybella is a non-surgical, FDA-approved treatment that causes the destruction of fat cells through injections. Once destroyed, those cells cannot store or accumulate fat. After you realize the desired result you will not need more Kybella treatments.
- Laser resurfacing can be used for a “laser neck lift” that tightens your tissues with CO2 lasers. The treatment leads to skin contraction and new collagen growth and is considered effective for skin laxity.
- BOTOX and other injectables are used off-label for vertical neck bands to quiet muscle movement and relax downward motion of the neck muscle.
- Injectable dermal fillers like Radiesse, Sculptra, Restylane and Juvederm may help to reduce the appearance of wrinkles, restore lost volume to your neck skin and induce collagen growth.